Sunday, May 2, 2010

Review: Givenchy Loose Powder #75 Poetique Orchid


 
I can't wait to try out my Givenchy loose powder today, which I got from recent prestige sales.


#75 Poetique Orchid is limited edition of year 2009, the four shades of powder clockwise from upper left are apricot, light pink, light green and light yellow. Three out of four are mat except light green. There is subtle shimmer inside and suppose to make your skin look glow.


There is a sponge attached inside the box, you just need to flip over the box and shake a bit, then you can see the four Givenchy logo on the sponge. Although it's a very creative design, it's a bit difficult to get the powder out as the holes are very small.



After trying on my arm, I found that there was too many glitters and I don't want my face looks so "glow". My T-zone is a bit oily and I always prefer mat finishing to avoid oily look.


How to get the powder out without shimmery light green powder ???
I pasted a scotch tape on the Givenchy logo shown above, now look at the sponge again:


Haha.....only three shades of the powder on the sponge. 

The shimmery green shade can't be wasted also, you can use it on your shoulder or arm when you attend a party or wedding banquet at night to make you really glow but not on your face. 

Normally I don't use sponge to apply loose powder but face brush, because using brush can create thinner layer of the loose powder compare to sponge, and make your  face look more natural.  


So I pour out some powder into the cover and mix the three colors well, then use my wonderful "MakeUpShow" face brush to apply it over my entire face. It looks much better now.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * *  *  *  *  *
 I found that Givenchy loose powder doesn't control oil very well after 3 hours staying outside. Beside this, how does it compare to my current Clea De Peau Beaute (CPB) translucent loose powder?


Sponge:
Givenchy is much thinner and tougher than CPB. CPB sponge is the thickest and most luxury sponge I've ever seen, it's so soft and feels very comfortable when I gently tap it on my face.


Powder Color:
CPB is light pink with subtle shimmer inside. Givenchy is light yellow after mixing the three shades of mat powder. I personally prefer yellowish powder as my skin is thin and tends to red. But when I use CPB powder on face, it covered my reddish skin around nose area very well. 


Powder Texture:
CPB is much finer and lighter than Givenchy. How do I know? When I poured out CPB powder, it was so light that the powder rise but Givenchy didn't.


Maybe you cannot really see from this picture, but I found CPB's powder particle is really fine, that's why it doesn't make my face look too glow, but very clean.

Oil control:
CPB is still the winner, normally my face appears oily look after 2~3 hours  from washing my face in the morning without makeup, but CPB can keep my face look mat for 5~6 hours, that's why CPB is always my favorite loose powder. 

Anyway, I still love Givenchy because of the beautiful and unique packaging. ^_^
 

5 comments:

  1. the packaging is gorgeous and I love the concept!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Nikki, who can withstand this beautiful packaging although it doesn't perform the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it looks very glittering...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, that's why I don't use the light green color for daily look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you! Cle de Peau Loose Powder doesn't last on me at all, thus I prefer Paul & Joe Loose Powder

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...