Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Favorite Hand Cream

I am a kind of person who cannot survive without hand cream and lip balm.  I usually sleep in an air conditioning room so I have to use hand cream and lip balm before I go to bed every night to prevent from dryness.

These are the 4 different brands of hand cream I am currently using (I can't help to open up and try out different brands at the same period of time ^_^).


In the picture from left to right, they are:
  1. B&C (Japanese brand): I got it from HK last year, I was attracted by the pear shape. It's so cute, looks and smells just like a real fresh pear.
  2. Jurlique (Australia brand): Jurlique is famous at its hand cream, mine is citrus scent.
  3. HABA (Japanese brand): This is a limited edition hand cream with Bulgarian Rose scent.
  4. NUXE (Franch brand): Hand and Nail cream for repairing, nourishing and protecting.
  • Texture, rank from thick to light
Jurlique > NUXE > HABA > B&C



Jurlique is the most thickest cream among these 4, but I don't feel sticky at all. B&C is a bit transparent gel-like cream.
  • Moisturizing
HABA > NUXE > Jurlique > B&C

HABA and NUXE can be absorbed very fast, and there isn't a layer of the cream cover on my hand when I get up in next morning. However, some brands of hand cream feel like taking forever to be absorbed, and when I wash my hands, it just been washed away and I can feel the dryness again. B&C is a bit too watery, so the moisturizing effect doesn't last too long.   
  •  Scent
B&C > Jurlique > NUXE > HABA

I personally prefer fresh and not so artificial scent,  B&C's green pear secnt makes me feel refreshed every time when I use it, really love the smell.
While, Jurlique's citrus scent is not bad too, but it's a bit too "raw" for me. I don't know how to describe the scent of NUXE, it's kind of a mixture of grass and flower, however, it still can be acceptable. But HABA's rose smells too artificial and I don't like it.


I've tried many hand cream, all in all these 4 are my favorites compare to the rest.
(I'm willing to try L'occitane next time, heard it's not bad too)

8 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried crabtree & evelyn hand creams? How are they as compared to those you mentioned?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've tried C&E, rosewater body and hand cream before. I find it just so so, the rose scent is too sweet for me, and it's not as nourishing as NUXE or Jurlique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Aesop, u may try it next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried Aesop in the retail shop before, it's not bad, but the price is relatively high. Thanks for your recommendation, I will definitely get one in the near further.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your bed sheet design. or it is a scarf? :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it's a scarf bought from YunNan, China.

    ReplyDelete
  7. try Dermalogica's hand & nail cream.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will...Dermalogica is my all time favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...