Friday, April 23, 2010

Review of Aesop: Primrose Facial Cleansing Masque


My Skin Condition:
A bit sensitive, combination type, and acne-prone skin. 
Oily at T-zone with some blackheads around nose area. 
Cheek area is normal but my skin is very thin and prone to reddish. 

From what I know, when skin temperature increases 1 degree C, our skin sebum level increases 5-10% more and pores get bigger. Typically in Singapore, in such a hot and humid weather all day all year, I feel like my pores never closed. : (

That's why we have use cleansing mask to remove excess skin sebum. I have tried a lot of similar products, some of them were too harsh to me, some did not have enough cleansing effect, until I found this:

Aesop: Primrose Facial Cleansing Masque

Aesop is an Australian brand, it has a range of superlative products for skin, hair and body. 

This is deep-cleansing clay masque for most skin types, the scent is so lovely when I first open it.


Below is product introduction from the official website:

This clarifying masque should be used weekly, or more often on oily skins, and is an excellent refresher for clogged or abused skin. The superb base of French Clay and concentrated Vitamin E is enhanced with softening and anti- oxidant plant actives and is wonderfully balancing on patchy skin. Follow with three drops of Damascan Rose Facial Treatment.


I tried different brands of clay masks before, for most of them I had severe sting sensation right after applying it over the face, and after washing it away, the blackheads could not be removed effectively. 

While, you can see the texture from above picture, this clay paste is super fine and moist. It can be easily applied because it's very smooth, I don't feel any discomfort with it.

After 8 - 10 mins, the greenish paste changes to lighter color,  before it totally dries, wash away with warm water. I can see how clean and fair my skin is, no redness and dryness at all.    

Here is the ingredients, in case you have allergy to any one of them.

It's selling @ SGD41 for 60ml and SGD55 for 120ml. Though it's pricey for a cleansing mask, I only use it once a week, should be able to last for more than 6 months.

I highly recommend it for oily or congested skin, it's the only one I came across, which does its job well and does not cause any other problem. 

I will give it a score 4.5/5 because of the price, and also the packaging. I don't like the jar design, I have to dig my fingers into the bottle, sometimes the paste stuck into my lone finger nails and cause hygiene problem. 

Better to use a clean stick or cotton bud, but it's still a bit troublesome. I hope they can change the packaging design to a soft tube so that there is no direct contact with the mask.

However, I will definitely repurchase it.


I will try to review some more Aesop products that I have, I do love this brand.



1 comment:

  1. It works well even for dry & sensitive skin like mine! Before Aesop I also tried Borghese and Mask Of Magnaminty by Lush, I personally like Lush more than the other two, as it's really gentle on my sensitive skin. However, it's really painful to get Lush products in SG :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...